[softwarelist] OvPro print from start-up

  • From: Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:15:07 +0000

I am using OvPro 2.76 on an Iyonix with RiscOS 5.12 (with USB2)
 - but this is an old problem that occurred with previous versions
of OvPro and with 5.11, 5.09, etc. I have been working around it
for ages, but would like it fixed if possible. The printer is an HP
LaserJet 1100, driven by an HP LaserJet 6 driver. It all works well,
aside from what follows.

From start-up, if OvPro is the first program I try to print from,
I get the window that asks how many pages, etc (and knows what
printer I'm using) but then I always get an error message. ISTR
different ones in the past, but currently I am getting " Can't open
'Printer:' "  USB Kick is no help with this.

Ways to work around this:
1. First print something from another software package, such as
   !Edit or !Datapower, which don't share the problem. OvPro will
   then function normally.
2. Unplug and re-connect the printer. (By the way, the !Printers
   Printer control window changes when you do this, from showing
   the connection as USB6 to USB8.) OvPro will then print.

I suppose this could be a USB problem or an Iyonix problem, but
the other programs do work.