[softwarelist] Re: OPro master pages and DDL import

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:00:42 +0100

Martin Wuerthner  wrote on 20 Jul :
> ... as far as I can see saving a story as DDL is not really usable if
> you have any graphics in your file.

as an alternative to saving DDL of one story (which in my case is the
same as one chapter), i tried simply using the clipboard:  copy the
story and paste it into the new Demy document.

that seems promising.  text and embedded pix have appeared in the new
document.  until i scroll to the end of the text and find it has
stopped short.  just short of a 450K JPeg, as it happens -- is that
relevant?  (as DDL, that story measures 3.2Mb in total, including its
embedded pix.)

i could, if nec in light of Martin's message, delete all the pictures,
do the DDL business, then place the pix again.  would be tedious, but
at least every pic has a caption (as a paragraph in the text) to mark
its position.

of course i could cut&paste via clipboard in sections.  but can i be
confident that chunks aren't missing?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk