[softwarelist] Re: OPro error message

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:46:52 +0100

Bev & Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Using OPro v2.77u on an ArminiX. There are a number of chapters in a
>book (file sizes: 5,626,124 bytes, 1,813,032 bytes) that have suddenly
>come up with an error message when we try to open them.

>Message from OPro
>access denied

If you look at these files using the RO filer, have they been set so that
they are protected from opening, ie "Locked'(if I remember the terminology
correctly)?

>Of the three chapters giving this message I managed to open one on a
>Win machine.

Do you mean via VA or VRPC or rpcemu (ie an emulated RO machine, with the
emulation running under Windows), or do you mean using OvProWin?

DO you mean trying to open the exact same files, or copies of them copied to
the Windows machine?

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own