[softwarelist] Re: OPro de-registering itself

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:46:52 +0100

In message <5139402f8arobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Hampshire <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I have been an OPro user for many years, on RISC OS and Windows. All of a
sudden today when starting the app on W7 the welcome banner has decided
that 'my evaluation period has now expired', and inviting me to register
on-line.

OP for Windows has to be "registered", when you buy it you get a registration code emailed to you (it is also printed inside the CD case), you select Register... from the help menu in OP and type in this code, the program then tells you it is registered.

Clearly when you get a new copy of Windows you have to install OP again and type in the registration code again. One catch is that some versions of Windows (i.e. Win 7) require you to be logged in as an administrator for the registration procedure to work.