[softwarelist] Re: OPW and copy/paste options

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:43:50 +0000 (GMT)

In article <92F452E6-4CEB-457B-98ED-E6251A5919AF@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall
<cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm a university teacher, and I often think the main group who would
> benefit from OPW are final year undergraduate and postgrad students when
> writing their dissertations. Virtually every dissertation I've seen
> produced in MSWORD is a presentational disaster, especially when it
> contains pictures ...

You are comparing apples with pears.

MS Word is a "Word Processor"; OPW is DTP software.  One of the major
differences between the two types of program is the ability (or lack of it)
to handle pictures.

The comparison should be with MS Publisher - which I, personally, find very
difficult to use - which I have to sometimes when I get sent unfinished
work in that format.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11