[softwarelist] Re: New Ov P in Windoze 7

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 18:43:57 +0100

In message <4FA16F80.5000008@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 02/05/2012 16:48, David Pilling wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In message <4FA13126.5010701@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian A Dunn
>> <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>> a] how do I get the macro for the double button bar to run please ?
>>> If I double click it from the CD then I get a long list of text which
>>> I assume are the definitions of the various macros available .
>>
>> I said "Ovation Pro has to be installed, if it is, there will be a run
>> type set up for extension .csc"
>>
>> One more thought on this, if you don't install as administrator, or if
>> you have clever anti virus protection software running, it may be that
>> my installer can't set the .csc type.
>>
>> The fact that running the file does something, rather points to
>> another program using the type. I suspect using File->Open will do for
>> what you need.
>>
>> There are other ways around two programs using the same type.
>>

> As far a I am aware I did install as administrator . There is only one
> account at the moment called owner . You were quite right that file >
> open over the link I dragged from the CD into the download folder has
> given me the double button bar .

On Windows 7 the first account created is not the administrator.
Administratyor is a hidden and disabled account, and the only one with
full access to the machine.

To make use of it, right-click on an executable file and choose "Run
as Administrator". You need to do this in particular when installing
software.

Turning off User Account Control reduces, but does not eliminate, the
need for this.

Some software simply will not run properly with UAC turned on - one
thing that doesn't work is trying to save settings files within
Program Files - they should go into Program Data.

> On the other hand the font prog still tells me there isn't an installed
> and registered copy on the  machine . Well it is sitting on the task bar
> and I take this to mean it is installed ! I registered as instructed and
> the beast tells me it is a registered
> copy after that .

> So one problem solved one remaining

> Ian