[softwarelist] Re: New Ov P in Windoze 7

  • From: Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 19:13:06 +0100

On 02/05/2012 18:43, Alan Adams wrote:
snip
As far a I am aware I did install as administrator . There is only one
account at the moment called owner . You were quite right that file>
open over the link I dragged from the CD into the download folder has
given me the double button bar .
On Windows 7 the first account created is not the administrator.
Administratyor is a hidden and disabled account, and the only one with
full access to the machine.

To make use of it, right-click on an executable file and choose "Run
as Administrator". You need to do this in particular when installing
software.

Turning off User Account Control reduces, but does not eliminate, the
need for this.

Some software simply will not run properly with UAC turned on - one
thing that doesn't work is trying to save settings files within
Program Files - they should go into Program Data.

Thanks for this Adam .

Would this mean that I should uninstall and reinstall via your suggestion do you think ?

The font installer gives me the same error at the moment .

Ian