[softwarelist] Re: Insert page number

  • From: Martin Vethake <martinv@xxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:56:05 +0200

In message <4fefb3ae1ddave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <48F88A3C.5040104@xxxxxxxx>,
>    Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Clive Bonsall wrote:
> > > The Insert Page Number macro places an Arabic numeral(s) at the caret.
> > > Is there a way to insert Roman numerals (lower case), other than
> > > manually?
>
> > I should have said that this relates to OP and OPW. However, since there
> > have been no replies, I guess the only way is to insert the Roman
> > numerals manually.
>

> After you posted, I did have a search around for a Roman Numeral TrueType
> font, but even though a zillion places showed up in the search results,
> not a one actually had a Roman numeral font.
>
> Dave S

How would such a font be useful? In a manner of speaking 'every' font has
roman numerals. If a font had them in place of the 1-9 range it would work
only in that range, You couldn't just type 3754 and get a correct roman
number (IIIVIIVIV is rubbish).

Regards
--
Martin Vethake
Uffenkamp Computer Systeme

snailmail: Uffenkamp Computer Systeme
           Gartenstr. 3
           D-32130 Enger-Dreyen
Inhaber: Kai Uffenkamp  USt.-ID-Nr. DE 125 408 721
email    : martinv@xxxxxx
web      : http://www.ucs.de/
voice    : +49-5224-978075
fax      : +49-5224-978076