[softwarelist] Re: Windows DPscan

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:19:31 +0100

In message <695676eb4f.bz36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Adrian Crafer <acrafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

This is a resend as the first attempt seems to have got lost, so
apologises if you have already seen it.

I've not seen it. I've not seen any postings for over a month.

I thought I read somewhere, that the downloadable version of DPscan is
complete.

Yes.

The version I have appears fully functional except that it
is not possible to size the page.
No page size is shown as selected, and it is not possible to select a
size. What have I done wrong? I downloaded a fresh copy to see if that
was any different, but it wasn't.

My experience is that a page size is shown, but clicking on the icon to the right of the page size to open the menu to change page size results in an error message. I believe I've got the definitions of the menus wrong.

However on Windows this is not a big deal anyway - unlike RISC OS, windows expand to fill the screen, so zooming should let you get at anything.

If I find I can't see all of an image I almost never change the page size, what I do, is change the images resolution using the two dpi icons in the info palette. This only changes how the image is displayed - compare with using the Edit->resize function which actually alters the data.