[softwarelist] Re: Geminus settings with Ovation Pro

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:28:04 +0100

On 28 Apr 2011  Bernard <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f11f61ca51.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 27 Apr 2011  Bernard <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Just wondering what Geminus acceleration settings people are using
>>> with Ovation Pro on the Iyonix PC please?
>>> eg.

>>> Application   Sprite Plotting   Cache Sprites   Cache Windows
>>> -----------   ---------------   -------------   -------------
>>> Filer         ticked            ticked          ticked
>>> Artworks      ticked            ticked          ticked
>>> Ovation Pro   ?                 ?                ?
>>> SwiftJPEG     ticked            ticked          ticked
>>> Other apps    off               off             off

>> FWIW I don't have OPro in the Geminus settings, so presumably it comes
>> under "Other apps", in which I, unlike you, have the three ticks. No
>> problems here that I'm aware of.

>> With best wishes,
>> Peter.

> Is Peter Young the only Ovation Pro user with Geminus?

> I asked because I have had the above three OvPro options ticked for
> years now with no known problems but recently the black sliders in the
> 'OvPro > Picture > Process' window have stopped displaying when you
> change the values and I found that switching the Geminus 'Cache
> Windows' OFF (not ticked) brought them back to life.

> As you have the three Geminus options ticked Peter - Do the sliders
> work OK for you please?

I had to do a quick experiment, as I hardy ever use pictures in OPro.
Therefore, I'm not totally sure what you men; if you mean by sliders
the black bits in the parts of the window that say "brightness" and so
on, the answer is yes. Both the nudge buttons and dragging on the
sliders has an effect. Let me know if I'm getting this all wrong,
though!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.