[softwarelist] Exporting Artworks image from OvPro RISC OS 2.77 to OvProW 2.92

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 22:36:05 GMT

Dear All,

Is this possible?

I tried saving the graphic as a bitmap, using one of the save option
proferred by Artworks (booted up selecting and using the OLE), but the
resultant file was rejected by windows XP.

Saving as !Draw worked well - but why not a bitmap?

I am advised

Firstly you can (on RISC OS) export the Artworks files from Ovation
Pro and convert them into sprites and then reimport the sprites into
Ovation Pro and finally take the document to Windows.

Artworks can save graphics as sprites. There is at least one free
program that can convert Artworks files to sprites.

Secondly in Ovation Pro for RISC OS, it is possible to set up a proxy
image (Picture menu) for the Artworks images, then take the document
to Windows and the proxy will be used. Since you're going to use the
proxy image as the production image choose proxy settings that give
enough resolution.

I am sure these are right but would prefer to just move an OvPro/dpd
from one platform to another.

What is the best route?

  post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5
1LR UK

Charles
tel 020 8949 0708 / mob 079 5620 0176/ fax 087 1243 9075