[softwarelist] Re: Epson GT-7000 film adapter

  • From: Bernard Boase <b.boase@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:28:05 GMT

On 5 Mar, Bernard Boase <b.boase@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Probably because I don't think I have one. The scanner was second-hand
> and a gift, and it came with a floppy disc whose TWAIN 0.00
> 30-Nov-1993 seemed to support DPScan without any parameter setting.

[snip]

> I don't recognise this description of a UI, so it rather sounds as if
> I should be using a later version of your TWAIN driver, for which I'd
> be happy to contribute a licence fee.

I've looked carefully through my floppy disc collection and
rediscovered one neatly printed TWAIN 2 Epson GT © David Pilling 1993,
but...

... neither of my FD drives can read the ancient bit patterns: 6.20
reports "Broken directory"; 5.18 reports "Disc not formatted"; and
DiscAid 1.12 says "The disc shape contains a number of
inconsistencies. Cannot be checked."

So I imagine I just need a replacement?

--
Bernard