[softwarelist] Re: Epson GT-7000 film adapter

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 23:12:42 +0000

Hi,

In message <1a1d4a6b52.boase@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bernard Boase <b.boase@xxxxxxx> writes
My Epson GT-7000 scanner is SCSI only, so I can use it only on the
RiscPC (RISC OS 6.20) with DPScan 1.25, and I use it often.

I've got in a mess with the above, for some reason it came to my own mail box, I replied (rapidly) and then as the day has gone on I've seen a second reply from me bounce back - because I use a special address to post to the list from so replies from my usual email address bounce.

Anyway these are my two replies.

software automatically controls the operation of the Film Adapter."

Why are you not using my instructions? 8-) (TWAIN 2 manual).

Would this suggest that DP Twain for this model does not extend to
supporting the adapter, or have I merely missed a vital trick?

I hope you've missed a trick. I'll go into this in more details later. To use the transp. unit you need to tick the relevant button on my TWAIN driver interface.

What is happening?

A common problem is not connecting the transp. unit, or a faulty connection.

successfully.

In the middle of my TWAIN driver, there is a button, it shows 'reflective', 'transparency' or 'negative' you can click or menu over it to get a menu that allows you to change the mode. Obviously this is the key to transparency scanning.

I have a feeling there may have been trouble with some versions of the driver and transparency adapters on 'later' scanners. It is a long long time ago. Anyway if the obvious points like above don't help I'll email you a new version of the driver.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK