[softwarelist] Draw conversion bug?

  • From: Adrian Crafer <acrafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:27:13 +0100

I received an email containing a jpeg scan/phot image of an
engineering drawing. Since I need the information as a CAD file (the
originator could not manage save as DXF - too technical) I loaded it
into !DPlngScan, which reported the image 24.17M the original email
reported as 1129K. I saved out as a draw file after converting to
black and white and reducing the colour depth to 1bpp.

If loaded into !draw it all looks fine but if resaved over itself, as
though you were editing, !draw errors with this file already open.

If the draw file is loaded into Procad+ you get the error message
Font(s) not found, including 0. On clicking on continue you get a
complete freeze up which requires Alt Break to get out of.

when loaded into !RiscCAD produces a very small image bottom left
which bears no relation to the original draw.

It looks as though the problem is the !draw file produced by
!DPlingScan, any ideas.

Adrian Crafer

--

acrafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx