[softwarelist] Re: Decimal Tabs in OvPro

  • From: Andrew Conroy <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 21:09:25 +0100

In article <6$OEGtAKLvRIFwGC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4faa302277andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Conroy
> <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >Am I missing something? Is this a known problem? Anyone know any way
> >round it?

> There was a discussion about this a couple of weeks back - I think
> "centre listing" was the subject. So the best thing is to look back at
> that here:

> //www.freelists.org/archives/davidpilling/05-2008/

> At the end of that discussion I pointed out that although you can set
> the decimal tab character, OP has a built in sense of what constitutes
> a number - a number consists of the digits 0..9, +, - and the letter e
> - this is what you're running up against.

> The above discussion does show how to not use decimal tabs so may help.

Thanks, I'd looked through my archive but not found that somehow! It
doesn't quite solve this particular problem as I'd have to edit the tab
ruler for each seperate line :-( Not to worry, I shall just have to
redesign the advert instead. It was originally done in Impression (using
decimal tabs) and subsequently imported into OvPro. Impression did
exactly what I expected, so I was puzzled by the problem when importing.

Andrew

--
                           http://www.owlart.co.uk/