[softwarelist] Decimal Tabs in OvPro

  • From: Andrew Conroy <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:02:56 +0100

I've just been trying to put together a pricelist in OvPro v2.77 (RISC
OS). I seem to be having a problem with decimal tabs. I can define a tab
ruler, set the tab leadering and the decimal tab character, but OvPro
seems to ignore my choice of tab character and uses what seems to be most
non-numeric characters.

eg. Set a decimal tab character as x, so I can write "1234zsx9876" and
the should "1234zs" come to the left of the tab and the "9876" to the
right of the tab. This doesn't happen because OvPro puts the z at the tab
and places "1234" to the left and "sx9876" to the right.

2nd eg. Set the decimal tab char as . so I can use a proper decimal tab
in prices. If I type "£12.36" this works correctly, but if I type "from
£12.36" this doesn't as it places the space at the tab.

Am I missing something? Is this a known problem? Anyone know any way
round it?

Thanks,

Andrew

--