[softwarelist] Date calculations in OPro?

  • From: Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:08:14 +0100

Each year we run a camp. Each year I produce the 24-page handbook
using OPro on RISC OS. 90% of the content is the same as the previous
year, with the dates adjusted.

Each year I forget to update at least one of the dates.

Is there a way to set up these dates so that they are calculated using

offsets from one date field, and displayed as dates? For example the
equipment loading might be D-1, the departure day D, thefirst day in
camp D+1, to use a system more common among the military. D+1 would
then be shown as Monday 24th July this year, then Monday 23rd July
next year, because the origin date will be changed.

I appreciate it's easy in a spreadsheet, and I could therefore
mailmerge them in, but I wondered whether there was an applet for
example which could do this?

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire