[softwarelist] Re: Date calculations in OPro?

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:38:29 +0100

In article <918e443e4e.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Each year we run a camp. Each year I produce the 24-page handbook
> using OPro on RISC OS. 90% of the content is the same as the previous
> year, with the dates adjusted.

> Each year I forget to update at least one of the dates.

> Is there a way to set up these dates so that they are calculated using

> offsets from one date field, and displayed as dates?

[Snip]

I don't know of any applets for doing what you want, but you could
easily add some bookmarks to the document at each of the dates, then
next year, you can bounce through the bookmarks to check you've altered
them all.

Also, (depending on the design of your book) you could create a new
colour based on yellow, but make it non-printing. Then create a new
style with it's scope set to Selection. Set only the Background colour
of the text and set it to use your new non-printing yellow. You now have
a highlighter style that you can apply over the dates and clearly see
them within the document so you won't miss any, and the yellow
highlighter colour won't show on your printout.

--
Gavin Crawford
email: gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx