[softwarelist] Re: DPscan

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 07:55:48 +1000

On 3/08/2011 8:44 PM, David Pilling wrote:
Hi,

In message <4E38E334.30602@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
My computer is a window 7 64 bit.

Ah. that helps a lot.

And DPscan select source is greyed out.
I have tried to find twain without success.

You have to find either a WIA or a TWAIN driver. You can use WIA as an alternative to TWAIN from the file menu.

Drivers are available from:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pix
ma_mp_series/pixma_mp610#DriversAndSoftware

I don't know if these include TWAIN - you might have already installed these or similar drivers.

The catch may be 64 bits. I don't know off hand what the situation is with drivers on 64 bit Windows, I guess the driver has to be 64 bits, but not sure if 32 bit TWAIN apps can then use it. Other programs will show you if TWAIN is available.

Thanks but Twain must be loaded as it is in the application Navigator/Scangear, and I can use it from that SW, but how do I get DPscan to load it as still Select Source is greyed out as is Acquire.

Twain is not found in search.

Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, NSW, Australia