[softwarelist] Creating one-off coloured pages

  • From: Louie <louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:21:22 +0100

Hello!

I wonder if someone knows how to make a double page spread in a chapter a
different colour to the rest of the chapter. I have an article in the
magazine which is rather lengthy, and to break it up I want to put a
picture in the corner which fades out to 5% black, and then have the rest
of that double page spread also 5% black. Now I've managed to do this by
splitting up the article physically and have three chapters for the
article, but I keep getting rouge pages, where sometimes the lines wrap
around as I edit.

If I can just have the middle two pages of the article a different colour
it would save a lot of hassle.

Also, I have turned off auto-hyphenation, but where I have frames that
don't quite come to the edge of a text column, I'm getting rouge
characters, or words that are split up into letter along side a frame. I
can't find a button that will stop this from happening! Any one know
anything?

Cheers

Louie