[softwarelist] Re: Conversion to OP

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation software list <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:29:33 +0000 (GMT)

In article <47d2373950.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2009  Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I am trying to convert some very old Impression documents to OP
> > windows
> > and reports an error message that the files were made from an old
> > Impression and could not be converted.
> > Even using VA and trying Publisher it reports that could not load as
> > made from and early version.
> > Are they any older versions available anywhere or any suggestions
> > on how
> > to convert?

> I've never used Impression, but this may work: if you can export
> from Impression as pdf, then OPro has a filter to import pdf files.

> Or use PrintPDF to "print" from Impression as a pdf?

Think you have missed the point (above) Peter (2) - they will not
load into Impression. The first question is - are they actually
Impression files or are they Style or Junior? I thought newer
versions of Impression were backwardly compatible and would load
documents of earlier versions. I have a hazy recollection from many,
many years ago when I used Impression that it once or twice gave a
similar not very helpful error message when the document was actually
corrupted in some way.

Sorry not to be much help.

Chris...

--