[softwarelist] Re: Conversion to OP

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:38:48 +1100

David Pilling wrote:
In message <49B455A8.20205@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I am trying to convert some very old Impression documents to OP windows
and reports an error message that the files were made from an old
Impression and could not be converted.

Junior is available as a free download:

http://www.cconcepts.co.uk/support/junior.htm

When I first saw this question my feeling was that Impression Style had been made available as a free download - I can't find it.

I also think that this problem has appeared before and people have got around it by finding someone with an old copy of Impression still installed.

The file format did change over the years. It is a bit surprising that Publisher can't read all formats though.

If we're talking about single file documents as opposed to the original folder/directory documents then it is even more surprising, since single files came in later.

It does make one wonder if these files are intact, I'd be inclined to have a look at the lengths and the contents in Edit - do they look reasonable?

There is a web site to enter but no download as not on the server:-((

Documents are not in single file format and dated 1998.

So they may not have been done in Junior anyway.

Will try some of the methods suggested.

Thanks for help.

Peter

--