[softwarelist] Re: CD transfer

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:13:15 +0100

In message <4743C674.3010702@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know it is a little of topic.

> I have to transfer jpegs from the PC to Ovation on my RiscPC.

> I burnt a CD and the RiscPC showed that it was empty though
> CDBurn says that it has 250Mb.

Any correctly burnt ISO CD can be read by your RiscPC. So, either your
CD drive is broken or you have made a mistake when burning the CD. At
a guess, you did not create an ISO CD. On re-writable media, Windows
burning programs offer an alternative format (UDF) that allows the CD
to be treated like a hard disc. RISC OS does not support UDF CDs. So,
try again and make sure you select ISO format. You might also want to
make sure that the CD is finalized/fixated/closed, whichever way your
burning program calls it (though this is not normally necessary for
RISC OS to read the CD).

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx