[softwarelist] Re: Booklet

  • From: Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:27:31 +0100

[snip]
> My problem now, is that I seem to have snookered myself. I was trying
> to emulate a booklet produced on a Windows machine, with the front
> cover a different colour from the rest, to differentiate it from the
> previous year's booklet. I suspect that can only be achieved if one
> laboriously has non-flowing frames, with each page set up to produce
> (say) two sets of pages 1 & 16 with 2 sets of pages 2 & 15 on the
> reverse? Is it back to square one then?

Can you not make page 1 an appropriate colour (the whole page, not just
the text frame) by editing the master page. Then make a following chapter
that has the normal white colour. I can forsee problems containing the
colour to just the part required - you might get a white edge to page 1,
or a coloured stripe down the adjoining page.

OvPro lets you make the colour quite subtle by reducing the tint value so
that the colour does not overpower.

Cheers,

Steve