[softwarelist] Re: Booklet

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 20:20:42 +0100

In message <513860809driscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

My problem now, is that I seem to have snookered myself. I was trying
to emulate a booklet produced on a Windows machine, with the front
cover a different colour from the rest, to differentiate it from the
previous year's booklet. I suspect that can only be achieved if one
laboriously has non-flowing frames, with each page set up to produce
(say) two sets of pages 1 & 16 with 2 sets of pages 2 & 15 on the
reverse? Is it back to square one then?

Printing lets you set a "range" of pages, and this is very versatile, you can enter pages 1,3,16,17, or 1-100,102,103-190 (see the manual). That would be the usual way of setting up to print only the cover pages of a pamphlet. I guess it will work for booklets too.

The thing with a booklet is that you potentially have 8 pages on one sheet of paper. I say potentially because if the booklet is not a multiple of 8 pages long, OP does something clever and doubles the pages on one sheet.

Anyway, assuming that you want the outside 2 pages and their 2 backs on coloured paper, one is left wondering about the other 4 pages on the sheet.