[softwarelist] Re: Bizarre behaviour with borders!

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 22:00:19 +0100

In message <5046c660aerhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In article <5046c486fdrhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Rob Hemmings (News) <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there anything else that I should have done with the border other than
just copying it into Ovation's !OvnResDir.Borders?

No that is all I did.

Before anyone answers, just a bit more information.  It does seem to be
something to do with the size of the frame that has the border.  If I
make it quite small - say half the size of the page then the border
prints OK.  If I make it any larger then parts of the border start to
disappear on printing even though it is nowhere near the print margin!

It is true that the technique with borders relies on them being stretched. So potentially you might run out of precision or range of the maths.

(Some people use different versions of the Draw module e.g. those who have CC Turbo printer drivers)

However it worked for me. I used Sprinter (print to sprite from my web site on my Iyonix). With that it was obvious that the top/bottom of the border would be in the grey. On Windows there was no need to scale to fit.