[darkice] Start on boot

  • From: Roland Whitehead <roland@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:23:26 +0000

I have encoders running Ubuntu 10.10 netbook edition and Darkice. All works
fine except I would like to have Darkice start on boot. I have tried various
init.d scripts. These run (start, stop, restart, status) but won't run on boot
regardless of if I run an update-rc script or put something into rc.local.
There is nothing in the logs to indicate a failure. In fact I have added my own
logging which adds an entry every time the script is called and the start
script is running on boot but Darkice remains obstinately dark...

Does anyone have a reliable method of starting Darkice on boot?

TIA

Roland
--
QURU Ltd, London