[darkice] Re: Darkice fails to run under FreeBSD: can't open connector

  • From: William Sabey <william.sabey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:05:33 +0100

On 21 June 2012 19:23, DarkIce <darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 13:23:53 William Sabey wrote:
> > I noticed this is an existing issue, but I couldn't tell if there was a
> > resolution or not. Can anyone suggest a reason why darkice can't connect
> > /dev/dsp, or some more diagnostic steps I should take?
>
> try using:
>
> device          = default
>
> I had to use that on some newer ALSA based setups v. /dev/dsp

Hmm, that gives me: DarkIce: AudioSource.cpp:135: trying to open ALSA DSP
device without support compileddefault [0]
Should I try to 'make config' the port, see if there are options I should
set for ALSA? Actually, I don't think I'm using ALSA, I should probably
install that first, right?
--
 - William