[dance-tech] new MA Digital Games Theory and Design

  • From: "Tanya Krzywinska" <Tanya.Krzywinska@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <school-of-arts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dr03-mail-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ftv03-mail-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mu03-mail-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <en03-mail-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:32:20 -0000

I'd like to call your attention to a new Masters programme in Digital Games
Theory and Design that we have developed at Brunel University, London, UK. The
programme will begin in early October 2006 and we are now seeking applications
from prospective students.

best wishes
Tanya Krzywinska
Reader in Film and TV Studies
Convener MA Digital Games Theory and Design

* * * * * * MA Digital Games Theory and Design* * * * * *

This innovative new programme enables students to engage in, and experiment
with, practical game design. We explore a range of theories and concepts with
which to analyse the values implicit within games and go back to 'basics' by
considering what it is that makes for 'good' game play. Different types of
games are explored with the aim of developing designs that are both innovative
and that might appeal beyond the current core markets for digital games.You
will be taught by a team of experienced games researchers, some of whom have
played a pioneering role in making game studies a new academic discipline. The
programme is led by Tanya Krzywinska, Vice President of Digital Games Research
Association and co-author of Tomb Raiders and Space Invaders: Videogames Forms
and Meanings (IB Tauris, 2006) and co-editor of ScreenPlay:
Cinema/Videogames/Interfaces (Wallflower, 2002) and the programme is also
taught by Steve Jackson, acclaimed author of interactive fictions, founder of
GamesWorkshop and board member of Lionhead Studios.

Contact tanya.krzywinska@xxxxxxxxxxxx or sue.ramus@xxxxxxxxxxxx for more
details.

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/acad/sa/artcourse/postgraduate/

School of Arts