[dance-tech] Performance in Philadelphia/Interactivity/improvisation and real-time

  • From: Marlon Barrios-Solano <unstablelandscape@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:09:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello List,
 This is Marlon Barrios Solano.
 This weekend we will be presenting the piece
"Satisfaction Guaranteed" by Neomi Segarra ( this is
her MFA thesis   in Dance at temple University.
 I posted more information in my blog and you can
download there the potcard.
The piece is an structured improvisation by two
performers and the main exploration for me has been to
develop a system that allow the performers (and the
audience) trigger text (media) scanning bar-codes
tagged to the performer?s bodies in a section of the
piece. The bar-codes are coded with words given by the
audience while they wait before the performance. The
audience is asked to place the bar-codes in the body
of the dancers and they ask the audience to scan them
in certain parts of the piece. The triggered text is
used a prompt or as a ?score? for improvisations and
to create the metaphorical frame for the piece.
http://www.unstablelandscape.net/blog/2007/02/21/collaboration-with-dance-artist-noemi-segarratemple-university/

be well,
Marlon

Marlon Barrios Solano
teaching/consulting/design/performance
New York City
unstablelandscape
cognitive and new media architectures for collaborative environments and
distributed creativity
http://www.unstablelandscape.net/blog/
Ecomedia Blog
http://www.bronxriverart.org/ecomedia/cj/