[dance-tech] End of Monaco Dance Forum

  • From: Baudelot Philippe <baudelot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:12:45 +0200

Dear List

The Board of Monaco Dance Forum and its President, Jean-Chistophe Maillot,
have just decided to dissolve the association which organizes the festival.
That means the end of this event such as you knew it. All the team is
dismissed, including the general manager. This decision was taken inspit of
the success of the last edition (positive financial balance, audience of
17000 paying spectators, press and the congratulations of all, including the
Board of MDF.  Nobody understands this choice, that I choose not to comment.
The time will allow to clarify things. Now, it seams that Maillot is
preparing a new MDF for 2009 about Ballets Russes anniversary but without
tech...

I ?m preparing a Choreographic Development Center dedicated to the digital
dance but the time of vote of local authorities is long. I am thus urgently
searching for tracks, studies, temporary missions...

With my thanks to have so well accompanied us in this adventure.

Philippe Baudelot
Phone / Fax : 33 (0)6 08 61 05 88
Adresse : 38 bd de Cimiez, 06000, Nice, France
E-mail adresse : baudelot@xxxxxxxxxx