[dance-tech] Antipodean media and performance

  • From: "Birringer, Johannes" <johannes.birringer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:37:01 -0000

hallo Russell:

thanks for this information, very perplexing and intriguing - what you
announced.

Many of us had a chance to see Transmute's last work which was shown in Europe,
(Glasgow, ars electronica, and most recently at the ICA in London).
Tell us more about the the large scale dance and media from Bonemap,  as i had
difficulties locating Bonemap on the internet, a short while ago, but I think
now they have a site (http://www.bonemap.com/).   Is there an archive of the
2005 symposium?

regards
Johannes Birringer

<<<<<
A quick note to let you know we are developing an annual Media and
Performance Week in tropical northern Australia. We have some great
venues including huge converted WWII concrete tanks built during the
Pacific War, black box studio spaces, intelligent galleries and
incredible world heritage listed Great Barrier Reef and low land
rainforest. The inaugural event in July 2005 presented a range of new
media performances and installations along with a symposium. This year
we are planning to present a networked embodied media project by the
Transmute Collective, a dance on screen program, large scale dance and
media from Bonemap and a range of other associated performances and
installations.

Russell Milledge - Deputy Director
KickArts, Centre of Contemporary Arts
CoCA 96 Abbott Street Cairns 4870
PO Box 6090 Cairns Queensland 4870
Telephone: +61 07 4050 9494
Facsimile: +61 07 4050 9499
Http://www.kickarts.org.au

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please reply to
this email to highlight the error.  Opinions and information in this email that
do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any
attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check
that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is in keeping
with good computing practice.