[dance-tech] Antipodean Media & Performance Week

  • From: Russell Milledge <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:44:25 +1000

Hi Johannes,

A quick note to let you know we are developing an annual Media and Performance Week in tropical northern Australia. We have some great venues including huge converted WWII concrete tanks built during the Pacific War, black box studio spaces, intelligent galleries and incredible world heritage listed Great Barrier Reef and low land rainforest. The inaugural event in July 2005 presented a range of new media performances and installations along with a symposium. This year we are planning to present a networked embodied media project by the Transmute Collective, a dance on screen program, large scale dance and media from Bonemap and a range of other associated performances and installations.

Russell Milledge - Deputy Director
KickArts, Centre of Contemporary Arts
CoCA 96 Abbott Street Cairns 4870
PO Box 6090 Cairns Queensland 4870