[cst_2015_board] Re: [cst_2014_board] Happy New Year!!

  • From: John Hutton <john.f.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_2015_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 11:36:09 -0700

Hi Heidi -

Doing another once over on the Bylaws. Running notes as I go through. I'll try to be clear when I think we should make a change.

Article 3, Setion 1 - Do we have a Board of Directors, or shold the CAPS determine max membership.
    Change - I recommend we replace Board with CAPS throughout the doc.
Art 3 Sec 2 - Another "Board" reference.
Art 3 Sec 3 - Should we call out the code of conduct specifically? It is a rule or regulation, but... Art 4 Sec 1 - "Board". We should have something concerning "as much notice as reasonable", but I don't want to lock us into weeks as we should be able to have impropmtu meetings (after a meet, for example).
Art 4 Sec 2/3
Change - I would switch Sect 2 and 3 as section 2 and 4 are about CAPS meetings.
Art 4 Sec 4 -
  Change - Remove "Board"
Art 4 Sec 4 second (a).
  Change to "Requested in writing or email..."
Art 5 - Remove "Board". Although I think "CAPS Board" actually works in this section. Better than "Board of directors". Art 5 Sec 4 - One of the years needs to have (3) people in it to equal 7. I would also suggest that maximum of three terms be allowed. I don't suspect that many people will not look forward to a year off, but if someone wanted to serve... :-)
Art 5 Sec 7 -
  Change to "CAPS Board" instead of Board of directors.
ADD to powers "manage membership maximums and all issues pertaining to membership"
Art 6 Sec I -
Change "The elected officers shall hold office until *all* the successive officers have been selected." I believe the passing of the batton should be after all elections are done. Art 6 Sec V - I believe we need to clarify the banking checks and balances. The Treasurer should never be able to sign AND keep the books. I would suggest the VP or the Secretary would be a better 2nd signer. It as also worked well this year that Treasurer fills out the request for rembursement, President approved, and "online banking manager" (me this year) does the bill pay. Art 10 sec 1 - Does the voting have to be at a meeting? Or could this be by email vote? I would also like to consider all ammendments need to be approved by a majority of the CAPS before going to a vote of the membership. This should still be something primairly worked through the CAPS.

So I think we are good to go.

Let me know if any of my comments don't make sense (or if there are good reasons to keep things they way they are that I might not see.

Thanks, John

On 1/13/2015 10:27 AM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg wrote:

Happy New Year to you all! I hope that the Christmas break was restorative and good for you and yours!!

Now, unfortunately we need to get back to business. February is just around the corner and before you know it, our season will be upon us!!

That being said:

1.I’ve attached another revision of the By-Laws. I feel like my fresh eyes to the document this morning puts it pretty close to a workable document. (That or the cold medicine I’m on as I stay home from work today has me delirious!) Please take a look at it and let me know if you agree it covers all we need.

2.At our last meeting – there were some additional action items that needed attention over the “break” and I wanted to see where those stood.

a.Collindale Team Management Handbook

b.City Meet Handbook

Now we also need to schedule a February meeting where we cover things like updating coach and water contracts, update our membership documents and insure that all our positions are filled.

I would recommend Monday February 2^nd (Groundhog Day – let’s hope for no Bill Murray episodes and for *Punxsutawney *Phil to NOT see his shadow) or Monday February 9^th . I am happy to host – though I did host the November meeting)

I am looking forward to working with each of you again and hoping for a great season.

-Heidi

Cold

And

Pretty