[cseblist] Linking Landscapes Invitation

  • From: "Natalie Helferty" <nhelferty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cam Kitchen" <ckitchen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carissa Wong" <scbtochapter@xxxxxxxxx>, "Carol Hochu" <chochu@xxxxxxxx>, "Carol Pender-McKnight" <c.knightingale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carole Seysmith" <carole.seysmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carolyn King" <cking@xxxxxxxx>, "Carrie Hoffelner" <choffelner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Cathy Banic (Cathy Banic)" <cbanic@xxxxxxxxx>, "Cathy Leung-Rosnuk" <cathy-leung-rosnuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Cathy Miller" <JenChrreb@xxxxxxx>, "Cathy Moskal" <cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Charles-Antoine Rouyer" <carouyer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Charlotte Vasarhelyi" <cvasarhe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Charlotte Young" <charlotte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Chris Baines (Chris Baines)" <cbaines@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Chris Eckert" <eckertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Chris Gynan" <cagynan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Christel von Richter" <cpvonrichter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "CIELAP" <cielap@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Claudio Brutto (Claudio Brutto (E-mail))" <bruttoconsulting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Craig Piper" <craig.piper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Craig Stewart" <Craig.Stewart@xxxxxxxx>, "CSEB National Freelist" <cseb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "CSEB Ontario Freelist" <cseblist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Cynthia Hyland (Cynthia Hyland)" <hylandc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:05:23 -0400

For those interested in planning for restoration initiatives and discussion
of policy implementation, you are welcome attend our conference, 'Linking
Landscapes: Planning for Restoration of our Urban and Rural Environments' on
Wed. Sept. 29, 2004 at Black Creek Pioneer Village. It's a free event. If
you want to stay for lunch, please register online at
http://www.exworld.org/cseb/conference2004.html
Spaces Appreciation Association, the Conservation Council of Ontario and
Environmental Defence Canada.

Guest speakers include Rob MacIsaac, Mayor of Burlington and Chair of the
Greenbelt Task Force, who will address the Growth Management Plan and the
Greenbelt Act, Steve Hounsell, President of Ontario Nature on the vision of
sustainability we wish to achieve and architect Charles Simon on innovative
urban design approaches to address the intensification mandate of the
province.

The Ontario Greenbelt Alliance and the Ontario Smart Growth Network will
both hold meetings following the presentations, from 2:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Register online on CSEB website at
http://www.exworld.org/cseb/conference2004.html

(Indicate if you want vegetarian lunch. Dinner is optional and pay your own
way.)

LINKING LANDSCAPES SYMPOSIUM:

Wednesday September 29, 2004

Time:

8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Breakfast and lunch will be provided

Location:

Black Creek Pioneer Village

Canada West Room

1000 Murray Ross Parkway (west of York University)

Toronto, Ontario

For directions, please see:

<http://www.trca.on.ca/parks_and_attractions/places_to_visit/black_creek/def
ault.asp?load=directions>http://www.trca.on.ca/parks_and_attractions/places_
to_visit/black_creek/default.asp?load=directions

Wednesday, September 29th, 2004

Agenda
08:30 - 09:00 Breakfast & Registration
09:00 - 09:05 CSEB Welcome to Linking Landscapes: Planning for Restoration
09:05 - 09:30 Guest Speaker - Steve Hounsell, Restoring a Sustainable Future

SESSION 1 - Restoring our Landscapes: Think Provincial
09:30 - 09:55 The Bigger Picture - Nature Conservancy of Canada
09:55 - 10:15 Ontario Megafauna: The Puma Returns - Ontario Puma Foundation
10:15 - 10:30 Discussion about Science and Landscape Planning for
Restoration
10:30 - 10:40 Coffee Break

SESSION 2 - Restoration Policy & Practice: Think Regional
10:40 - 11:05 Alternative Land Use Strategy - Norfolk Stewardship
11:05 - 11:30 Terrestrial Natural Heritage Strategy - TRCA
11:30 - 11:50 Discussion about Restoration Policies in Action
11:50 - 12:45 Lunch with Canadian Peregrine Foundation Demonstration

SESSION 3- Restoring our Home: Think Local
12:45 - 13:10 Guest Speaker - Mayor Rob MacIssac, Greenbelt Task Force
13:10 - 13:35 Urban Cliff Revolution - Dr. Doug Larson
13:35 - 14:00 Innovative Urban Design - Charles Simon, Architect
14:00 - 14:20 Discussion on Restoring our Home
14:20 - 14:30 Cookie break

14:30 - 17:00 Greenbelt Alliance Workshop - Ice Gardens 2nd Floor
14:30 - 17:00 Smartgrowth Network Workshop - Ice Gardens 2nd Floor
14:30 - 16:00 CSEB Annual General Meeting - Black Creek Canada West Room

16:00 - 17:00 Field Trip of Wood Frog Woodlots on York U campus - Dr. Larry
Licht
17:00 - 18:30 Dinner at The Blade Restaurant in the Ice Gardens (optional,
pay your way)

Check our webpage for more information:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=cseblist