[csdn-sa] Re: SuSE and free downloads

  • From: Ian Loxton <snnn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:47:38 +0930

DSL wrote:
> > 3) do we have list of ISOs available for these on-disk distributions?
> > These could be useful to have. I have Knoppix 3.2 as well as Morphix.
>
> I am eventually going to get the dynamic site up and running....

And what about an answer to Q1 and 2?
> Just reading the SuSE page about free downloads.
> http://www.suselinux.com.au/en/private/download/suse_linux/index.html
>
> 1) does that mean we can build CDs for others using those downloads?
>
> 2) I see there is an on-disk version for folks to trial SuSE (looks to
> be similar to Knoppix etc) so wondering if we can do such a burn if
> anybody is interested?

The point about Q1 and 2 is can we do burns of these downloads and still
remain legal as far as SuSE is concerned? SuSE suggest that the downloads
are done with FTP and cannot be made into a CD. Any ideas why we couldn't
do a CD from them that would install?

Cheers,  Ian

--
This is the Community Software Distribution Network - SA