[csdn-sa] Re: [INVITATION] NERO

  • From: Brian Astill <bastill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>,linuxsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:26:50 +1030

<sob>
I obtained the Nero demo as David F suggested  - 13M and it took me two tries
(93% and 100%) to get it.  But it really IS a demo!  It doesn't burn
anything!  <more sobs>.

If someone couild bring a working copy for me on Saturday 16th I'd be really
grateful.

I CAN achieve an improved situation, but it is UGLY.  Go to WindowsNT, copy
faulty CD contents to HD, goto FBSD, mkisofs from the DOS slice, burncd the
iso.  Then of course delete iso, delete copy of contents, goto WinNT and
start again on the next disk.  YUK!  The disk I prepared this way is readable
by my other WinNT system, but not on a third Win31 system, so something is
still not quite right.  I guess I DO need Nero :-) .

BTW, I will receive DSL's working copy of Lycoris on 16th, too.  Thanks.
I found that one of the reasons my version would not install is that it looked
for IE v4 or later.   Still didn't work after I installed IE4, though.
Hmmm....

--
Regards,
Brian