[cs383_team1] CS383 ^teamname HW6 Report

  • From: "Wells, Lance (well3112@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <well3112@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jeffery, Clint (jefferyc@xxxxxxxxxx)" <jefferyc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 04:12:30 +0000

?To: Dr. Clint Jeffery
From: Lance Wells, representing CS383 ^teamname

Date: April 7, 2015

Subject: CS383 Homework #6

The following is the HW#6 report of activity for the CS383 team ^teamname.

Our team's most recent branch is currently located under well3112-Npcs
<link><https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/tree/well3112-Npcs/src>.

The work for this sprint was divided into the following groups:
1. design two game levels for the demo, base levels on story (Ronnie)
2. working multiple levels code and transition (Lance, Ronnie)
3. computer-controlled entity: interaction (Casey)
4. make a chat interface or dialogue (Casey)
5. continue on combat mechanics (Robin, Tessa?)
6. go through story (whole team)
7. rework player input classes and have them reviewed (Tessa)
8. start on networking: two computers sharing one game map (Mason,
Arthur) backlog grooming (Robin)
?9. design new NPC sprite (Majeed) ?

?

In addition, CS383 ^teamname has completed the following requirements for CS383
Homework #6:

* Code for Level Transitioning
<image>?<https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/blob/well3112-Npcs/doc/hw6/CS383_fig2.PNG>
(Initial area)
<image>
(<https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/blob/well3112-Npcs/doc/hw6/CS383_fig3.PNG>Outside
area)

* Code for Multiple Terrain Types/Collision Detection
<image><https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/blob/well3112-Npcs/doc/hw6/CS383_fig3.PNG>
(Path and Grass Terrain Types)

* Code for NPC/Mob interaction
<image><https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/blob/well3112-Npcs/doc/hw6/CS383_fig1.PNG>
(NPC Quest Delivery/Conversation)

* A UML Collaboration Diagram for NPC Interactions:
<image><https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/blob/well3112-Npcs/doc/hw6/CS383_%5Eteamname_hw6_diagram.png>

Our team has also completed the following backlog items:

* ?Additional NPC Sprite artwork
<link>?<https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/tree/alot4458/src/core/assets/img/PNG>

* Documentation specifying game mechanics:
<link>?<https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/tree/rako4161-patch-1/doc/mechanics>

* Documentation specifying game statistics:
<link><https://github.com/CS383-Team1/project/blob/saul7812/doc/mechanics/stats.tex>