[cryptome] The Art of Deception 2: Or how a Democracy uses Blackmail to kill a story

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 13:21:01 +0000

see url:http://cryptome.org/2015/01/sterling-exhibits-105-108-nyt-15-0117.pdf

James Risen, see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Risen

Shows the tactics and strategy used by those "in the know" legally and those who are "in the know" illegally...Though which one is which is very much in doubt, but in the interests of free speech and free information, democracy and exposing government wrong doing which is in denial. I think I would give the reporter the benefit of the doubt. The story did, of course, did get published in the end. That's the trouble with classified information...it is just so leaky. What was it that they were trying to hide, the fact that the Iranians had already sussed it out, or genuinely to hide a deception and waste of taxpayers money from the American people?

The funniest part about this story is what isn't said...which is, I think, is that the Iranians already knew that it was a scam and played along with it, stretched it out for all of its worth to see where it led; though I can't for the life of me remember where and when I read that. Good enough story for a Le Carre novel...in my view...:-)
Enjoy,