[cryptome] Re: Palestinians Drop Bid to have Israel Banned From FIFA

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 19:57:43 +0100

Dear In Harms Way,

One of the major problems in the Middle East, is that of the provisions of
the Balfour Declaration in 1916 and the Mandate provisions of 1917, which I
suggest you read before you jump in too far on the Israel/Palestine
question...see url:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Mandate_for_Palestine_%28legal_instrume
nt%29

The url was originally published on this list by a guy called Chien Fume.
He posted some other urls as well, which make interesting reading. I
learned a lot from studying them, for which I am most grateful.

There was a very good programme on the World Service of the BBC last
night...Well worth listening to in my view. A number of expert historians
from various backgrounds and viewpoints on the Middle East have an in depth
discussion...The podcast is available on url:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ryjg8 Let me know if you can't get
access to it due to publishing or copyright restrictions and we will try and
find another way round it.

With kind regards,

Dougie.