[cryptome] Re: Fracking

  • From: "Joe Products" <Joe_Products@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:17:17 +0100 (CET)

Hi Doug,
I don't know either.

Cheers,

Josef

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Komu: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Datum: 8. 1. 2015 19:12:50
Předmět: [cryptome] Fracking

"Dear Colleagues,
I have always wondered about fracking...whether it is a good or a bad
thing, in terms of extracting fossil fuels from the environment, and the
effects of the extraction on local population.

A lot of stuff has been published on it, by those who are involved in
the industry and promote it, and those who are opposed to it, for
environmental or other reasons. In fact it has been very difficult to
get scientific information on the subject. From the processes used, the
chemicals used, the effects on the environment and so on, there are huge
differences of opinions.

Obviously, companies involved in the business see it as a good thing,
whilst local people who have to live with it, in terms of effects on
roads, environmental pollution, effect on the social and the economics
of the local environment, such as house prices or availability of
facilities, road repair, release of chemicals into the environment, the
air, land and water resources. are all of important concerns, not only
for the people who live there, but for the rest of us on the planet as well.

See url:http://cryptome.org/2015/01/eagle-ford-task-force-report.pdf
A fantastically positive presentation of how wonderful fracking is, and
how it develops the local community, along with huge profits of course,
for the participants, and how it leads to US independence from the world
markets in oil,gas, condensates and so on. At Eagle Ford, they burn off
25 million cubic meters of gas every year...because they have no way of
storing it economically and selling it on...Isn't American Capitalism
just great, so environmentally friendly and democratic...All that gas
just getting burnt off into the atmosphere, whilst the rest of us could
do with a price drop on our gas and electric utilities. Ah! The luxury
of being able to waste resources without a qualm of conscience, and this
from the most efficient country on the planet.

and url: http://www.texassharon.com/

(the latter is particularly brilliant in my view, full of irony, sarcasm
and such like, but with plenty of facts and it must be a major thorn in
the flesh of the authorities.

see url:
http://breakingenergy.com/documents/ny-state-releases-fracking-report/

New York City, provides one of the best reports, in my view. Quite open
and honest about the problems, and has banned fracking until certain
scientific facts have been confirmed. see url:"