[cryptome] Biden mocks Republicans for promoting recovery plan they voted against

  • From: douglasrankine <douglasrankine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cryptome FL <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 17:46:42 +0100

see url: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/27/biden-recovery-plan-mocks-republicans-491145

see full article...Plenty of trillions of dollars available for the  military budget, containment and  policing the world and giving everyone democracy US style...a few more trillions won't make much of a difference.  The USG can always export US inflation to the dollar areas of the world...😉

Quote<<<

President Joe Biden continues to negotiate with Republicans on his big-ticket spending plans. But on Thursday, when he left Washington, he mocked them for voting against the coronavirus recovery package and then turning around and promoting the bill.

“If you’re going to try to take credit for what you’ve done, don’t get in the way of what we still need to do,” he said during a visit to Northeast Ohio, holding up a list for 13 Republicans. “Not a single one of them voted for the rescue plan.“

Biden specifically said he wouldn’t reveal which Republicans he was referring to, but then showed a paper with the names visible.

”I’m not going to embarrass any one of them, but I have here a list of how back in their districts they're bragging about the Rescue Plan. ... I mean, some people have no shame. But I'm happy they know that it benefited their constituents,” he said to laughter.

In a speech at Cuyahoga Community College, Biden said his trillions of dollars in proposals are already igniting economic recovery and creating millions of jobs following the coronavirus pandemic.