RE: gRE: this is what i found in canal walk

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:32:09 +0000

Its a nice gesture nick. U hav my vote. @SAP, spooby please

From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 17:18:32 +0200
Subject: Re: gRE: this is what i found in canal walk
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also, the parts in the SF4 machine at Wonderland are crappy in general, but i'd
be semi-ok with them if they weren't broken. Fist prize would be all sanwa
parts, but at the very least they should have parts that work.

press left on the character select screen,the icon goes down. Try to block an
ultra, get hit. So it's like a double whammy, crap parts, and they are broken.
I'd be willing to contribute towards parts.

I mean, if we were able to inform them on what sanwa parts are and that they
are used in japanese arcades and by pro players, they'd be really dumb not to
accept it for free.
I wonder if there are any sanwa promo videos.

I was looking at the selection of fighting games at wonderland. If they had
proper parts it would actually be a legit arcade. alpha 3.st,ae,kof13, kof2k2.

They def need to fix the timers. that shit is whack. lag on kof13 is most kak
as well.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

How does one go about buying an actual arcade setup?

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The PC clones bit let's them know, that I know, you know.
Ok, but that just means, I should suggest how to help them and leave it at that.

Fair.
On 1 Apr 2014 16:23, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Drop the PC clones bit.
The donations bit is a nice idea but I don't think it will be all that great in
the long run. The current sticks are already in a shitty condition. Imagine if
we had to start donating quality sticks and buttons only to have the same thing
happen.

Don't ask them if they'd like to receive advice on how to optimize performance.
They'll ignore you. Just give them the facts, tell them what to do and see if
they implement it or not. If they don't, we 'persuade' them en-masse. If I go
there next time and the shit they said they would fix hasn't been fixed, I'm
going to give them a piece of my mind.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Are you guys still interested in helping the wondeland lot out?

I've written a letter.  Tell me if you guys think I should send it?

"Dear Wonderland Group

I have
recently noticed that you have acquired a Super Street Fighter 4 and
King of Fighters XIII arcade cabinets at your Canal Walk branch.
Admittedly, they may be PC clones, but that doesn't really affect my
query.

Would you be interested in part donations such as the Sanwa sticks and buttons
to be used exclusively for these cabs?
Would you also be interested in receiving advice on how to optimize the
cabinets' performance?

Kind regards
Nicholas Robertson-Muir"

Yes/no?