RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:23:11 +0000

ffversus is a kuk game , yes I said

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:06:58 +0200
Subject: Re: USF4 changes!
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seems like FFXV has the potential to be either the best or worst game in the
franchise:
- You can only control Noctis.  You can issue commands to other members, or let
them run according to a Gambit system like in FFXII
- You can set weapons in a "deck".  During combat, your companions will select
the most appropriate weapon from the deck based on the situation
- No female members in your party
- A day in the game lasts about 30 minutes.  It can take up to 30 days to
defeat an Adamantoise (seriously, Squeenix?  That's 15 hours!)
- Experience is accrued when a day ends, presumably after sleeping?

MGSV features:
- Snake can have up to 4 AI buddies, including Quiet and DD (the Wolf)
- Your buddies' abilities depend on how often you've used them ("bond-degree")
- You can play the entire game without meeting Quiet or the Wolf.  If they die
in combat they're dead for good.
- Snake's can attach different arms, and each of them have different abilities
- You can research technology that modifies the weather

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Most of the time when Daigo loses these days is because he keeps dropping his
combos.  This time was no exception.  Nemo's Rolento is godlike though.  He
makes you pay hard for every mistake.  That mixup near the end was ridiculous.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Daigo vs Nemo. Hype match!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTzJXGmoEzU

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
That was our round table discussion after the session. What makes a fighting
game?
At the most basic level, it must have fighting, and be a game where there is a
winner and a loser.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I can beat you in it easily, it's probably a fighting game.

Platinum Games does it again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vPwLCg3MTE

salie what makes a fighting game.

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:20:59 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I get the feeling FFXV will never come out.  The producer says the game is
about 55% complete.