Re: [cpsig] Re: Joint operation with CN in Thompson/Fraser Canyons

  • From: Bob Grace <rrgrace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:06:20 -0700

Leo, John is correct the western end of the joint operation is at Mission where a bridge crosses the Fraser River and connects CP and CN. However, the two railways recently approved an agreement to operate each others trains to certain areas west of Mission. CN will handle trains to the North Shore and CP will handle trains to the south shore of Burrard Inlet. I assume that this means that trains to the south shore would all cross to the CP line at Mission and all trains to the north shore would cross to CN. I believe the agreement also included trains from the Roberts Bank coal and intermodal terminals.

Bob Grace
----- Original Message ----- From: John Hutchins
From: Leo de Groot <leo.degroot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:25:04 -0600

Bob and Tyler:

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation as to the eastern terminus
of the joint operation of CP and CN trains in the Thompson and Fraser
canyons. It was very helpful. I have had a peek at Google Earth's view
of the location and can seemingly see the area you are describing. I
hope to check the spot out later this summer.

Now, should I also ask you where the western end of this joint running
occurs? Presumably close to Vancouver?

Cheers!!!

Leo