Re: [cpsig] Kettle Valley Railway tunnel dimensions

  • From: "KVRailway" <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 00:29:46 -0800

Just did a quick check on some of my profiles for the Coquihalla. Tunnel widths there were something just over 18 feet in width and about 22 feet 4 to 6 inches from centre line of tunnel to top of rail. Tunnel walls appeared to be around 16 feet vertical before starting curve to top centre.

Joe Smuin

1. - "Joey, the secret to telling a good railway story is to always try to stick just as close to the facts as possible." --- (the late) Cliff Inkster; CPR Engineman, raconteur and philosopher.
2. - The secret to contacting Joe by email is to be sure to insert "Joe" or "Smuin" into the main text portion of any message you send to him, and thus your message should percolate through his spam filters.
----- Original Message ----- From: "unclefalter" <unclefalter@xxxxxxxx>