Re: [cpsig] Fw: Central Maine & Quebec CEO: 'We'll have to prove ourselves'

  • From: "Roger T." <rogertra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:25:58 -0700

One thing in this sad affair that I hardly saw referenced is the fact that two track guys sent by the dispatcher shut down the engine which led to the whole mess by shutting off the air compressor allowing the brake air to bleed off. It was not their craft and unless told by competent authority (operations mgr, RFE, etc) they had no right to touch it.

Just would like to find out the facts here.

Phil Taylor

I mentioned the two MOW staff in one of my posts.

Roger Traviss

Home of the late Great Eastern Railway
http://greateasternrailway.com

More photos of the late GER at: -