Re: [cpsig] Canadian Pacific Canadian Passenger Train Blueprints

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:12:02 -0400

I am seeing a price of $80.00 for an nscale locmotive this must be plastic and made in the thousands. making a tiny run 150 -200 pieces would be cost prohibitive in plastic and very expensive in brass . Reading the guide to PFM production in their first 25 years Canadian locomotive typically sold 100to 500 copies popular railroads NYC Pennsylvania ATSF sold up to 1000 pieces so sevicing Canada is a little niche market . Jaan has a very large population with a very technical oriented population. Ever see a Japanesse photo shoot the are practially burried in exotic cameras but most of them do not own a car . When you go to your neighbourhood Honda?toyota dealer you must present your parking pass from the Tokoyo police department or there will be no disscussion about buying a car period. So off the the stereo store , camera store , or hobby shop and consume . A japanesse modeler will have a tiny layout and a wall covered with locomotive models so having 50 engines not uncommon for thousands and thousands of modelers and you ride the train sometimes dailly so the interest is there .We are slaves to that big pile of iron and rubber in the driveway so not much extra money . regards DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@xxxxxxxxxxx>