[corkbiomakerspace] Website

  • From: Cathal Garvey <cathalgarvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cork Biomakerspace List <corkbiomakerspace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 19:29:40 +0100

So, Steve; what do you think of Mezzanine, the Python answer to
Wordpress? Is a Python3.4 + Mezzanine install a possibility?

http://mezzanine.jupo.org/

I'm playing with it here (on Python 3.4, installed with Pip), and it
really looks good. Very wordpressy, friendly to newcomers, lots of
baked-in features like twitter integration etc., and it's written in
Python so we can extend it more easily than PHP for features that might
otherwise be missing. It's based on Django, which is pretty
industry-standard, too; there should be huge scope for customisation.

Looks multi-user-focused too, which is of course a critical feature
here. And the default template has
"Home/About/Team/History/Blog/Gallery/Contact", all the things we'd want
out of the box.

If we did this though, I'd use the git repo for installs rather than
pip, because I found at least one small bug that's just been fixed in
the github repo but is probably still in the PyPI version..

--
T: @onetruecathal, @IndieBBDNA
P: +353876363185