[corkbiomakerspace] Events and Workshops etc

  • From: jean o neill <jean.oneill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "corkbiomakerspace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <corkbiomakerspace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 13:56:52 +0100

So, I have a bit of unanticipated free time over the weekend and was
planning on plotting event and workshop ideas, to see what would sink and
what would swim with ye all.
With that in mind, I wanted to see what type of age groups we're
considering e.g broad as in under 12 under 16 over 18?, Beginners,
middlers, experts? or if we're aiming for more tailored things like family
events, transition year student events etc?
Also are we aiming for just events in syn bio, or shall we encompass more
tradional sciences like lab biology and chemistry? Just syn bio could put a
lot of folk off, but equally draw a load in for curiosity alone. Simple
biology and chemistry/physics stuff though like flying toasters can be
great with smallies, especially if we tie them in with big themes like
space/vets/transformers etc. And from a more materialistic POV, small
workshops like that that cost a fiver per smallie can be a decent short
term income source that's fairly cheaply run.
What cha think?